Get to know your EAP/ MAP

Q. How do I know if I am eligible for EAP/MAP services?
A. Your employer contracts with the EAP/MAP for counseling benefits. If you are an employee, or living with an employee (family or otherwise) of a contracted company, you are eligible for EAP/MAP services. If you are unsure as to whether your company is contracted, call your Human Resources department.
Q. What is the EAP/MAP
A. The EAP/MAP is a confidential counseling and referral service that can help you and your family members successfully deal with life’s challenges and opportunities. Services are free of charge to you, prepaid by your employer.
Q. What is a typical EAP/MAP counseling session like?
A. Counseling sessions last approximately 50 minutes. The counselor guides you in identifying your needs and developing a plan of action to improve or resolve the situation. Counseling is short-term, solution-focused care.
Q. How do I contact EAP/MAP?
A. Simply call 314-729-4600 option #2 or 1-800-413-8008 option #2 to schedule an appointment.
Q. What qualifications do the counselors have?
A. The EAP/MAP counselors have a minimum of a masters degree and are licensed mental health professionals. Our EAP/MAP counselors have at least 5 years of post-graduate experience.
Q. Who may use the counseling services?
A. Employees and household members, family or otherwise, are eligible for services.
Q. What if I just need to talk?
A. Licensed counselors are available 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week for telephone consultation.
Q. What are the costs of the counseling sessions?
A. The EAP/MAP services are free of charge, provided to you by your employer. However, if more extensive services are needed, your counselor may coordinate with community programs or your major medical benefit to find resources that are a better fit. Any cost outside of the EAP/MAP services will be your responsibility.
Q. How can I be sure the services are confidential?
A. Confidentiality and comfort are of the utmost importance in the program. Only you and the counselor will know of your involvement in the program, unless you have given specific written permission. Your employer will not know you have used the service.
Q. How can the EAP/MAP help me?
A. Seeking assistance is often the first step toward making positive changes in your life. Job-related and personal problems do not get better by ignoring or denying them. Our staff of licensed, experienced clinicians assist clients with problems such as: alcohol & drug abuse; marital issues; family problems; adolescent/child problems; stress; depression; conflicts; domestic violence, and gambling.

Talk to a licensed counselor today.
Call 314-729-4600 #2
or 800-413-8008 #2